- Set dynamic targets based on the uniqueness of the rider.
- Improve his or her approach to competition.
- Serve as a shoulder to lean on during crises or dips in form.
- Refine his or her use of equipment.
- Identify areas to improve and plan strategies for progress.
- Optimise tactical potential.
- Refine recovery strategies.
- Develop relationship skills for use within teams.
- Search for ways to progress every component of performance.
- Create mechanisms for ‘accelerating’ performance.
- Devise race debriefing tools to generate progress.